Are you an aspiring scholar seeking opportunities to further your education at the master’s or Ph.D. level? Look no further than the Organization of American States Scholarships program. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the details of these scholarships, their eligibility criteria, and the exciting benefits they offer.
About OAS Scholarships
Consortium Universities: As a prospective OAS scholarship applicant, you have the option to apply directly to up to three programs offered by universities or educational institutions from the OAS Consortium of Universities list. These institutions are located in up to three specific countries. To be eligible, you must select at least distinct countries of study within your OAS Program application. Choosing this type of scholarship increases your chances of being awarded one by the OAS. Please note that under this option, the OAS reserves the right to select a country of study or research for selected candidates.
Scholarships in a Non-OAS Consortium University: Alternatively, you can apply directly for admission to the universities or educational institutions of your choice and subsequently apply for an OAS scholarship. Your educational pursuit must be carried out on a full-time basis and can be pursued through on-site learning, online education, or a combination of both.
The OAS scholarship is a gateway to educational advancement, and it comes with a range of enticing benefits, assigned on a case-by-case basis. These benefits may include:
- A round-trip economy-class airfare ticket from Canada to the United States of your study.
- Tuition fees and obligatory fees for your academic program.
- A monthly complementary subsistence allowance (for on-site applicants only).
- Medical insurance (for on-site applicants only).
- A fixed annual book allowance.
However, it’s essential to note that OAS scholarship recipients will need to provide proof of additional funds to cover their monthly subsistence expenses.
OAS scholarships are tenable for a minimum of one academic year, which must commence between August 2024 and December 2024. If you’ve already started a graduate program, you are still eligible to apply for these scholarships. Furthermore, the scholarship can be renewed once for a total of academic years, subject to the availability of funding, maintaining an excellent academic status during the first year, and confirmation by the educational institution that the award renewal is necessary for you to complete your study program.
To qualify for OAS scholarships, applicants must:
- Be Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada.
- Have completed the prerequisite degree(s) required for the proposed study program at the time of application.
- Possess an overall grade point average (GPA) that exceeds the minimum standard required by the host university.
- Be in good physical and mental health to effectively complete the proposed course of study.
- Demonstrate linguistic proficiency in the language of instruction at the chosen institution in the host country.
- Take responsibility for seeking admission to their preferred universities or educational institutions and ensuring that all necessary admission requirements are met.
You can also apply for:
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2024-25 – Fully Funded
- The Erasmus + Jonkoping University Scholarship 2024
- Suss Temasek Foundation Scholarships 2024 In Singapore
To apply for the Organization of American States Scholarships program, candidates must submit the following documents:
- Letter of Admission: A letter of admission from the host institution or a copy of correspondence confirming that the applicant has applied for admission or will have access to the facilities required to complete the proposed research project.
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship: A copy of a birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, or permanent resident card. Please note that a baptism certificate is not considered valid proof of Canadian citizenship.
- Official Transcripts: Transcripts of all post-secondary studies completed to date, including schools and CÉGEPs, along with the cumulative grade point average for each degree or certificate.
- Study or Research Proposal: An essay describing your study or research plan (maximum number of pages specified).
- Copy of Diploma: The highest diploma obtained.
- Proof of Registration for Research in Development: This includes publications being taken, if relevant.
In conclusion, the Organization of American States Scholarships (OASS) Scholarships program offers a golden opportunity for Canadian citizens and permanent residents to pursue advanced studies with generous financial support. If you meet the eligibility criteria and are passionate about furthering your education, don’t miss out on this chance to achieve your academic dreams. Apply today and embark on an exciting educational journey with OAS Scholarships!
JOIN OUR WHATSAPP AND TELEGRAM CHANNELS FOR DAILY UPDATES
|WhatsApp Group||Join Now 👈|
|Telegram Channel||Join Now👈|