The University of Auckland Medical School of Medicine offers the International School of Medical Sciences Masters Scholarship with the sole purpose of attracting young international students to enroll in master’s degree courses for one or two years at the school.
This is a scholarship to support international master students in the School of Medical Sciences with a scholarship of up to $ 20,000 per year.
DETAILS School of Medical Sciences Masters Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsor(s): School of Medical Sciences, University of Auckland
Host Institution(s): School of Medical Sciences, University of Auckland
Scholarship Worth: up to $20,000 per annum
Number of Awards: Up to 5 per year.
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: International Students
School of Medical Sciences Masters Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Please refer to the programme regulations (PDF), a part of which are stated (below):
- The Scholarship is tenable by international students
- Students who have already commenced their programme are not eligible for consideration for this Scholarship.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit as assessed by the grade point average (GPA) or grade point equivalent (GPE) calculated over the most recent qualifying programme.
- Applicants must have a GPA/GPE of 7.00 or above in their most recent qualifying programme to be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- The Scholarship may be awarded only to new international students who have received an offer of study to undertake a Master of Biomedical Science, Master of Science in Pharmacology, or Master of Science in Physiology at the University of Auckland.
- Up to five Scholarships of up to $20,000 per annum will be awarded and paid as a compulsory fees credit.
- Scholarships are for a period of up to two years
- How-to-Apply: Scholarship applications will usually open around six weeks before the closing date. Please read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible before you apply.
- Application Deadlines: 11 May (Semester Two intake) and 1 December (Semester One intake)