The Gates Scholarship Program 2022/23: Funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Scholarship , the Gates Scholarship 2022/23 program targets high-achieving students with good academic records and aims to support students with the full cost of attendance as determined by their college or university.
The Gates Scholarship Program 2022 (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders with the intention of helping them realize their maximum potential.
The Gates Scholarship Program 2022 Details
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Host Institution(s): Universities and Colleges in USA.
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Number of Awards: 300 per year.
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: please see eligibility and selection criteria section (below).
ALSO CHECK; Scholarships in Italy University of Bologna 2022 NRRP PhD for International Students
The Gates Scholarship Program 2022-2023 | Eligibility criteria
The Gates Scholarship Program 2022To apply, students must be:
- High school student
- Of at least one of the following ethnicities: African American, American Indian/Alaskan Native*, Asian Pacific American, American, and/or Hispanic
- Suitable for pell
- US citizen, national or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- In addition, the student must plan to enroll full-time in a four-year degree program at an accredited, nonprofit,
- private, or public college or university in the US.
*Proof of tribal registration will be required for American Indians / Alaska Natives.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent academic results in high school (in the top 10% of graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership skills (e.g. demonstrated by participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g. emotional maturity, motivation, persistence, etc.)
- ALSO CHECK;Deloitte Canada Black Student Scholarship in Canada 2022/23
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* not already covered by other financial aid and expected family allowance, as determined on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or by the methodology used by the scholar’s college or university. .
*Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books and transportation and may include other personal expenses.
How-to-Apply: If you meet the eligibility conditions stated above, the you are the ideal candidate for the Gates Scholarship awards, you can click here to begin application.
July 15, 2022
Sept 15, 2022
Dec – Jan, 2023
July – Sept, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details