BA English Expanding Access Scholarships 2023 .BA English Scholarships in England, a widening access scholarship program me, was launched in collaboration with the Department of English.
Widening Access Scholarships from the English Department are worth £1,000 each year of study.
These scholarships are just one way we can recognize and celebrate the achievements of students who have successfully overcome major obstacles and difficulties on their path to higher education.
Check Also: LSBU International Merit Scholarships in UK 2023 Funded
Eligibility for BA English Expanding Access Scholarships in UK
All applicants must:
- be permanently resident in the UK (you qualify for UK (domestic) fees and funding and for university admissions)
- have an offer to study in the University of York Department of English at undergraduate level for entry in September 2022 (or with deferred entry to September 2023 applying during the 2022/2023 application cycle)
- have a household income of less than £70,004 (you and/or your parents must agree to share financial
- information in your student loan application in order for us to confirm your eligibility for this award)
studied at a UK state school or college at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5
- show that you have faced significant obstacles in your personal, social or home life that have affected your journey through school and college.
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:You are from a background that is under-represented in higher education as follows:
- ALSO CHECK,
Future Lawyers Scholarship 2023 In USA
Monmouth College Wallace Founders Scholarship in USA 2023
- British black
- Asian or Asian British
- Mixed or multiple ethnicity
- Roma, Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- You have experience of care in a local authority
- They experienced a period of homelessness
- You are estranged from your family (defined as the relationship between family and student breaking down and becoming irreconcilable)
- You were entitled to free school meals during secondary school
- You received discretionary payments for college or sixth form
- You currently live in a POLAR Q1/2 area with a low level of progression to higher education (check your postcode)
- You attended a school or college at Key Stage 4 or Key Stage 5 that achieved below the national average (check your school)
- You are in the first generation of your family to attend college
- You have a disability or long-term medical condition
- You are a mature student (defined as students aged 25 or over on the first day of your course)
- You are from a military background
- You are a young career (defined as under 18 and helping to care for a relative with a disability, illness, mental illness or drug or alcohol problem; a young career can be looking after a parent or sibling (child care is not included))
- You identify as LGBTQ+ BA English Expanding Access Scholarships in UK
- You are a refugee (you may be eligible for an equal access grant if you are seeking asylum)
Advantages BA English Expanding Access Scholarships
Successful candidates will be awarded £1,000.
How to Apply for BA English Expanding Access Scholarships
Are you interested and qualified? Click the link below to sign up.