Applications are now open for the Learn Africa Scholarship Program 2022-2023. The scholarship, supported by the Women for Africa Foundation, aims to support the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African male and female undergraduates through scholarships at Spanish universities collaborating on the initiative. All scholarships offered in this call will begin during the 2022-2023 academic year and may roll out over several years depending on the scholarship being applied for.
Learn Africa Scholarship ProgramSelected students can complete their master’s and doctoral studies and then invest what they have learned for the benefit of their communities, contributing to the progress of African societies. To date, 630 scholarships have been awarded to African women from 42 different countries through the Learn Africa program. It was made possible by the commitment and commitment of a wide network of (more than) 50 partners, including universities, education centers and donors.
For the past two years, Learn Africa Scholarship Program has had to focus almost exclusively on the online learning modality due to travel and gathering restrictions imposed globally to limit the spread of the pandemic. In connection with the celebration of the tenth anniversary of the Women for Africa Foundation, the program is now back with a wider training offer than ever, combining three different training methods: face-to-face, online and mixed (hybrid), allowing women African students can choose the training model , which best suits their personal situation.
- Host institution: Varies every year (Check application instruction section for more details).
- Fields of study: Varies every year.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Applicants program duration.
- Target group: Open to African Women.
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Benefits
Selected candidates for this foundation scholarship will have the following benefits.
- Online scholarships cover only tuition fees.
- Face-to-face scholarships cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees
- Round trip
- Accommodation and meals (either in a University Hall or through the provision of a monthly allowance)
- Health insurance
IT IS NOT guaranteed that scholarships will cover other expenses such as:
- Re-enrollment fees for subjects failed at the ordinary or extraordinary exams.
- Internet connection for online scholarships.
- Costs associated to the issuance of the visa to travel to Spain.
- The legalization, recognition and translation of university degrees and academic records (the host University will require these documents).
- The issuance of the certificate once the studies in Spain have been successfully completed.
- Any other daily expenses including, but not limited to, local transport.
Also Check : Web3 Africa Women Fellowship 2022/23
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Eligibility
In general, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Be female and have the nationality and residence of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. A bachelor’s
- degree is required for postgraduate scholarships. The degree required may vary depending on the scholarship
- applied for (see detailed information on each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements for the scholarship you are applying for.
- Only one application per person will be accepted.
Technical and academic requirements
- It is important to read carefully the information provided in the description of the course you wish to undertake and also on the university website (link attached to each scholarship) regarding academic requirements.
- The recipient undertakes to provide the host university with duly authenticated, certified and translated copies of his/her university diploma, academic record or any other required documentation. If you are selected, we recommend that you start the administrative process at the time you accept the scholarship, as the procedures you will have to go through at the embassy/consulate and/or at the ministries of education or foreign affairs of your country may take a long time.
- The recipient must also present a certificate issued by her university confirming that she has a degree that allows her to pursue the desired course of study.
- If you are applying for an online scholarship, you must have a computer properly equipped to watch online courses with respect to the following aspects: Internet connection, web browser, operating system, desktop applications, webcam, Zoom/Microsoft Teams applications, etc.
Make sure you have the required language skills before applying. A high level of the language in which the training is delivered will always be required (B2 or C1 depending on the host university). You must prove your language level by presenting an official language certificate or by telephone interview with the university.
If you are selected, the Women for Africa Foundation will call you to personally inform you. You will be asked to communicate with Foundation staff in the language of the scholarship you have applied for.
How to Apply for the Learn Africa Scholarship Program
There are numbers of scholarships available forPostgraduate programs. To apply, please click on Learn Africa Scholarships or Learn Africa and Planeta scholarships to view scholarships, programs with their host institutions.
Select the program you’re interested in studying. A page will open with detailed information about the program. On that page at the right corner, you will find the “Apply” button that you need to click on and follow instructions to submit your application. Please click here, for more detail on the application process.
Fully Funded Humboldt Research Fellowships 2022-2023 in Germany
Tom Queba Scholarships 2022/23 for Social Change
which you must click and follow the instructions to submit your application. Click here for more details on the application process for Learn Africa Scholarship Program
Please note that courses may be available in English, Spanish and French. therefore recommends that you pay attention to the “language of instruction” when applying.
- National identity documents
- curriculum vitae
- Diploma/certificate/university education (as required)
- Academic record
- Cover letter
- Reference or recommendation letter/s
- If necessary, official language level accreditation
- Project (if required).
The application deadline is May 3, 2022. For more details on the Learn Africa scholarship program, click here