The Africa Data Hub ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF) is now open for applications from interested and eligible candidates in the field of journalism. Apply now if you are interested in improving coverage of under-reported issues in local communities across Nigeria.
The ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF) is an Orodata Science initiative whose mission is to continue to democratize data and knowledge toward solutions that impact the lives of millions of people. This is the second call for applications for the Community Journalism Fellowship Program
ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF)
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Africa Data Hub, Nigeria
Host Institution(s): Africa Data Hub, Nigeria
Fellowship Worth: Grants, Capacity development and Tools
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Bachelor degree or HND
Application Deadline: August 31, 2022
DETAILS | ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF)
This fellowship program will support community journalists with grants, capacity development and tools to produce in-depth, data-driven stories that are investigative in nature on issues affecting communities in different parts of the country.
Fellows will attend a Data Journalism Bootcamp that will provide capacity-building training in advanced investigative techniques, data storytelling, and mapping. Journalists will also learn how to acquire, analyze and visualize data in an engaging and impactful way.
The scholarship will provide each fellow with a grant amount to support their research.
Fellows will also receive advice from mentors to improve their journalistic skills and outreach to the entire ADH community.
This fellowship will provide editorial and technical support such as research and data analysis, data visualization, infographics, and mapping of member-generated stories.
To be eligible for the ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF), applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be journalists based in Nigeria.
- The number of grants available is limited, so the first 10-20 offers received will have the best chance of being
- considered. Interested journalists are invited to submit their stories from July 21 to August 4, 2022.
- The playground must correspond to the theme chosen by us.
- Submissions from freelance reporters and staff from all types of media organizations – international, national, local and community are encouraged to apply
- ALSO CHECK, TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2023 for Developing Countries
How to Apply: To be considered for the ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF), applicants should click the Apply online now button to apply to the program. We also require the following:
- All proposals must be no more than 250 words.
- The proposal should highlight the key issue you want to focus on, why it is relevant to the program and how undervalued it is.
- Applicants are expected to present stories in communities in the states where they live.
- Applicants are expected to attend a 3-day online Data Journalism Bootcamp. Dates to be confirmed.
- Please state why you are the right person to report this and what access you already have.
- Include a letter or email from a publication editor interested in publishing your story.